Monday, August 19, 2013

Fun With Nails!


I've had some fun playing with the different nail polishes and special effect toppers I own. Here are the results and a mini how-to! Enjoy :)

If you need to cut and file/buff your nails do that.  I start off by washing my hands, getting rid of any dirt or oils that might mess up my polish and then moisturise with a good hand and nail cream.  I've used a monu spa one, I got in a glossybox.  This is a good time to apply a cuticle oil and push back the cuticle with an orange stick.  I was lazy and didn't do that today!




Next you might want to lay a protective cover over where you are working incase of spillages or you're just clumsy like me!  Note my bubble wrap, comfy and fun :D

I apply a base of OPI Nail Envy (tbh I don't notice any change in my nails but it is a good base and quick drying) If you have problem nails choose a base suitable to you, otherwise just use a regular version.  It is important to protect your nails from staining even if you have no problems to treat.

Bubble Wrap Heaven :D

Now onto the colour, we're going down the nail art route so I've applied a rainbow of Rimmel, you may choose what you wish, hope you find some inspiration below.


How I Achieved this - L-R; 

Rimmel New Romantic applied in 2 coats, I then used a cocktail stick to apply a small amount of clear top coat (you could use nail art glue) to where I wanted the nail decorations to stick, using an orange stick I applied and pressed little hearts and stars.  Apply a topcoat to seal into place

Rimmel Soul Sessions on the first finger with a 'V' of Ciate Sand Dune simply applied.  I love the nude and gold and it's easy to do, use some scotch tape if you want a very crisp line. 

Next is Rimmel Reggae Splash 3 coats!! then using a cocktail stick I dotted Rimmel Jazz Funk randomly on the nail, followed my smaller 'dots' of Essence colour and go in a green shade! This turned out pretty nice and that reggae shade is growing on me!

Then Party Pink nail! Rimmel Jazz Funk with silver diamond glitters from the limited edition Essence 'Vintage District' Collection.  Again I used a top coat as a 'glue' and painted that on the tip and dotted where I wanted it to go to the nail bed. 

Little nail has a pic to it's self!

The base is Rimmel Hip Hop, half the nail is painted in the middle Essence colour 'Be Optimistic' a rusty shade perfect for Autumn, though I'm unsure if this is still available in stores. I topped with Essence 'Time for Romance' and dotted with Catrice 'I Wear My Sunglasses at Night' - awesome shade no longer available.  I like this as an autumn look.


And for the Right Hand

L-R; Pinky has Rimmel BritPop topped with something I got from ebay, I love the turquoise and gold with red flecks.

Next is Rimmel Rhythm & Blues topped with Essence Special Effects topper from the Snow White collection in '03 Prince Charming' - this was an awesome pairing, pics don't do it justice.

Following that we have Rimmel Punk Rock with an essence topper again this time in Blue Addicted (apparently a dupe for Deborah Lippmann Across the Universe ;)) Top with a gloss top coat for some shiney shines :P


Then I popped a sparkly glitter konad professional over Rimmel Disco Fever for a crushed gem look

Finally a simple sparkly red, maybe Christmassy?!! Rimmel Rock n Roll topped with OPI Warm and Fozzie from the muppets collection


^Oh and the bottle you can see in the background - I managed to fling across the room because I was shaking it and this happened...

BEWARE THE LOOSE CAP! 

Thanks for reading and I hope you feel somewhat inspired!



No comments:

Post a Comment