Saturday, June 28, 2014

Aishling's June Empties

So, trying to get back into the swing of blogging. I kinda got lazy after the Lets Talk Blog Challenge and didn't really post much since. I really want to try and be a bit more productive when it comes to the blog so I have lots of new post ideas to come as well as videos, if I ever get around to making them.

First up is an empties blog post. I was originally going to do a video but never got around to it so decided to just do a blog post for this small amount of empties!


First up is Schwarzkopf's new Toner Mousse which I got in Boots. This was back when I was blonde (I'm green now :P) and I needed a toner to remove the brassiness and yellowness. This smelt really good and was easy to apply and I got over 2 uses with it but it really didn't do much to my hair. It actually darkened my hair in bits with a weird ashy grey colour. So I wasn't impressed. It did however wash out fairly quick, I'm not sure if it was even suppose to wash out but it did. As a conditioner it is also great but as a toner I wasn't super happy with it.



So then I moved onto another Toner. This is the La Riche Directions White Toner. I've had good and bad times when it comes to Directions. I've used the Turquoise hair dye from them for months and it is amazing! It lasts so long and is such a bright colour. I then used Lagoon Blue which didn't take to my hair at all. No idea why, could have been a dud maybe? I decided to use the Toner anyhow but again like the Schwarzkopf one it didn't really do anything at all. I didn't even notice that much of a difference in hair colour. All I can say that is good about it is it didn't go that weird ashy grey like the Schwarzkopf one. Also the tub is very small and the product didn't last very long at all. I got 1 and a half uses out of this and I have super short hair.



No7 Essential Moisture Day Cream is what I've been using for years now. It works so well for me and I've never felt the need to change it. The only thing I'll say is in the winter times and colder weather I do need to find a good night moisturising cream. The night one by No7 isn't great and is very greasy. This one though is so good. It doesn't leave you greasy and it feels like you could keep layering it on cos it soaks in so good! It leaves a nice moisturised feeling :)



The Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water is something everyone is going on about. Now, while I like it and I will repurchase it because it's so cheap I don't think it's the best thing ever. I find I have to use a whole lot of it to remove my makeup. It also doesn't get every single bit of makeup off your face. I find it leaves a layer that only washing your face will remove. It's also terrible at removing mascara and eye makeup. While it doesn't sting much it does run all the little specs of mascara into your eyes. I have since purchased the small eye makeup remover from them which I will review sometime soon. Anyhow overall I find I use a lot of it to remove my makeup and even though I don't have makeup on me everyday (Sometimes not even every week) it doesn't last very long. 200 uses I don't think so. I do wonder how long it lasts for someone who wears makeup every day or even every couple of days a week! They must be going through a lot!



Even though I'm not really bothered about growing out my hair for the moment, I still use this Lee Stafford Treatment For Hair That Never Grows Past A Certain Length because it is an amazing conditioner all on its own. It leaves your hair so soft, shiny and smelling so good! When it does come around to growing out my hair though this will be the only conditioner I will use for sure. It really helps! The downside is the little tub you're given. There isn't much in each tub so I wouldn't recommend you buy this until it's on offer, especially when Boots have a 3 for 2 offer!


So that's all my empties for now. I will start saving up my next batch of empties for next time! :D
What have you used up this month and how did you enjoy it?!


Until next time, thanks for reading! :)





4 comments:

  1. At last, someone who agreed with me on the Micellar water! I don't like it at all. It definitely dosen't get all makeup off, much prefer a hot cleanser or something!


    Leanne @BlatherandBeauty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no way you could use it and only it! I see so many people using it that way though :-/ It would break me out! My face does not feel clean after it! I used No7 hot cleanser a long time again be hear people going on about it again! Might have to give it another go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pah I won't bother my hole buying that Micellar water so :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if it's on offer somewhere give it a go and see if it works better for you!

    ReplyDelete